Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Scribblings
Topic: Monsters

I have a lot of monsters under my bed. I mean they just keep piling in down there likes its a huge frat party. I know that I did not invite them there but I can't seem to get them out. You would think through all these years of new monsters joining in under my bed that they would eventually kick one out for more space. Nope. Can they even breathe down there? Do monsters breathe? I feel like they inhale my thoughts and exhale my mistakes.

Well anyway, I do get to meet these monsters before they go under my bed. I haven't found one monster that I truely liked yet. How come I can't decide which ones go under my bed and which ones dont. I mean, it is my bed!

I remember the first monster I met. I was about 12 years old. His name was Age. Funny name huh? Age told me, "the older you get the more you'll find that responsibility will start to become more important than imagination. I'll come out from under your bed when your childhood imagation comes back." I told him, "Don't worry about that, I have a lot of imagination left in me no matter what my age may be!" Needless to say, he's still under my bed.

Only a couple years later I met a monster by the name of Boozer. I couldn't pronounce his name, but he told me that he and I would be faced most often. "You're going to hate me but you wont even know until you've hit rock bottom", he said.
I told him, "No way, I'm only 14 why would I need to drink?"
"Yeah, kid, well you also met the Age monster too soon. What can ya do, people just do things too soon these days. Now, I'm going under your bed and I'm not coming out until you realize that you don't need me by your side to fight with every night." Boozer is still under my bed and he makes the most noise.

After that, the monsters began piling in. Most them were reflections of boys that I met who have hurt me. Sometimes they came in two's and three's. I met the monster Tom who played soccer and sang to me, the cops took him away and locked him up... under my bed. He's still there but I try not to think about him. Patrick the monster faught with me, yelled at me for hours, screamed at me for allowing all those other monsters in. I had to push him under my bed just to shut him up and, of course, he is still there. Esmo the monster was the most bothersome monster. He was the only one that was rejected of going under my bed but he kept coming back. Finally, he was welcome under the bed and he sure as hell is still there too.

More and more monsters were coming in every night. They make so much noise under my bed, it sounds like party down there. They must hate eachother. I wonder how I can get down there and I wonder how I can kick them out for a good night's sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger DJPare said...

Good thoughts! Love these lines!: "Do monsters breathe? I feel like they inhale my thoughts and exhale my mistakes."

7:34 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Very clever post! (And maybe it's time to move to a less-crowded place). :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Very nice. I've never thought about all those things that haunt me as being monsters under my bed.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home