Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Inspire Me Thursday
Black and White
"An X-Ray"

This is my first time submitting anything to Inspire Me Thursday. After checking out other art I decided it would be fun to start joining in. I found my inspiration while looking at the black and white screen of my ultra sound today at the hospital. Although I did not get a copy of my insides (that sounds weird), I did manage to come home and search through old x-rays. Much to my surprise I found what I was looking for, a hand.

I wanted to use an x-ray of a hand because I wanted to express the idea that the heart and the hands work together in making a piece of art. I put a sketched heart where the screw was in the hand.

I wanted to use sketchy writing to express that I don't think art has to be crisp and and clean if that particular project isn't meant to be that way.
Technique: Of course, I didn't write directly on the x-ray. I used my light board, put the writing under the x-ray, took a picture with my phone, finished it off in paint.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

THAT is wonderful!

10:42 PM  
Blogger winnsangels said...

What a great idea. I don't stop to think often enough about this creativity piece.

7:34 AM  
Blogger pangolin said...

cool. I'll loook forward to seeing more.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home