Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Outsiders Art Club
Topic: Phobias

"Failure Sketch"

I have a fear of getting possessed by an evil spirit. I run out of the kitchen when I know the toaster is about to pop. And I'll avoid a room for an entire day when I see a spider. But, I wouldn't call these phobias. I don't know that I actually have any phobias. One thing that has been a concern of mine lately, as I approach graduating from an expensive private college in May, is failure.


What if I end up not getting a good job? What if I can't pay back my student loans? What if I end up a poor, lonely girl sitting in an alley with just enough change in my front hoodie pocket to get my next 40oz? As much as I am pretty sure this will not happen to me, I can't help but wonder and grow concern. Now is the time make the decisions I need to make in order to avoid such a position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home