Saturday, November 11, 2006

Its true, I dont want to be in the passenger's seat of my own life. So far, at the age of 21, I feel fortunate enough that I am at least on the correct highway and I am in fact the driver. Maybe thats because my life currently has no road closed signs, its the most open of the roads I'll drive on ever. I decide my direction and I don't really have anyone argueing. I'm not tied down to my home, to my major, to a husband. Yes, its an open road, but there are still street signs that I have to apply to my life in order to keep me safe and out of trouble.


Red Light - When bad things come my way, I need to stop and regroup myself. The intoxication habbits that I consume to a dangerous degree. When my friends start getting hurt by the comments I would never say, when I start lieing to my family, when I black out for a week and lose those memories forever. I have to find that red light, get myself back together, and then go.

Yellow Light - when decisions come my way I have to think about what I ultimately want and I have to go for it before its too late. Dating, be careful to not run into guys who have hurt you in the past and when that happens, dont let them make you stop. Graduate school, should I go right into it and have more financial debts to pay back or should I wait and see if I can find a job that will pay for me. I need to remember to keep caustion with the decision I make.
this is the side road that takes me down to where i live now
I love walking along it because there are rarely cars on it.
There is a beautiful view of the baseball feild.
There are deer all over. And a view of the highway.

Green Light - there is nothing stopping me from doing the things I want to do that will benefit my life. Its a matter of me making the effort. Get my next tattoo, roadtrip to Atlantic City to see the Bouncing Souls in December, graduate in May. Its okay to just go, live.


Following these rules of stop, caution, and go will help me get to where I want to be safely. They are there for everyone's own interpretation of street lights. The driver is the only one who can control following their signals. I will try my best to use them so that I can keep from being a passenger in my own life, I will always be the driver.
this is the side road that takes me down to where i live now
I love walking along it because there are rarely cars on it.
There is a beautiful view of the baseball feild.
There are deer all over. And a view of the highway.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home