Friday, November 10, 2006

I didn't know which story of my life I should submit to One Deep Breath. I decided on this one because its a subject that I haven't faced in a sober manner, maybe ever. I'm over the situation but parts of me have changed due to it.

Here it goes...

Your guitar, your voice
Told me your secret stories
Called me babydoll

I was comfortable
You made me laugh and smile
You promised good times

You came Friday nights,
Your lunch breaks, your shows, your car
Kissed me when we left

Something felt different
This one night I had to drink
Avoiding your truth

Your hug was a lie
Your friend ruined it for you
Go home to your wife

3 Comments:

Blogger susanlavonne said...

very powerful (and heartbreaking).
(so sorry)

4:17 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

This is a sad and familiar story. Best of luck to you - better days - and loves - ahead!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

Paris said it best: "Better days and better loves ahead!" You deserve it!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home